|“||I'm Sally Van Buren and Shake It Up, Chicago! is my favorite show, and you're my favorite dancers. Can I just say that you look even prettier in real life than you do on TV?||”|
Sally is shown to be very spoiled and self-centered, much to the surprise of Rocky and CeCe. She uses flattery to get what she wants, and when that doesn't work, she throws a fit and insults people. When Eileen, one of Sally's fellow contestants, ends up winning and she doesn't, she throws a diva tantrum and demands a recount. According to Flynn in "Kick It Up," she was a tulip in the school play and sang "I Have Tulips to Kiss My Mommy." Also, according to Henry in "Kick It Up," Sally Van Buren beat up Henry and his bottom was the only place she left alone, then Flynn kicked it.
- Sally: "I'm Sally Van Buren and Shake It Up, Chicago! is my favorite show, and you're my favorite dancer. Can I just say that you look even prettier in real life than you do on TV?"
CeCe: "Not only can you say it, I'd like you to record it for my new ringtone."
- "I won it 6 months ago in Milwaukee!"
- "You wanna see my trophy? It's bigger than you!"
- Sally: "You don't have a figure."
CeCe: "I do, too!"
Sally: "Yeah, if the figure is 1!"
- "NO!! I demand a recount!"