|“||What's taking so long?||”|
Gary's grandmother, Edie Wilde, dances on "Shake It Up, Chicago" as part of a special performance. Afterwards, Rocky, CeCe, Gunther and Tinka flash back to the days when Edie and her best friend were on one of the first teen dance shows in the 1950's.
Gary's grandmother, Edie, dances on "Shake It Up, Chicago" as part of a special performance, which she made Gary do, otherwise she would stop sending him birthday checks. After the show, Rocky and CeCe try to show Gary their new dance moves and get rejected once again. Edie flashes back to the days when Edie and her best friend, Trudy, were on one of the first teen dance shows in the 1950's, telling Rocky, CeCe, Gary, Flynn, Gunther and Tinka her story. Edie and Trudy were back-up dancers because they had no partners, and Edie said they should be able to dance front and center without a partner.
- Zendaya as Rocky Blue / Trudy
- Bella Thorne as CeCe Jones / Edie Wilde in 1953
- Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones / Timmy
- Adam Irigoyen as Ace
- Roshon Fegan as Phoelix
- Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer / Gerald
- Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer / Tilly
- Anita Gillette as Edie Wilde
Trudy: What's taking so long.
Ace: Take it easy babe I got this.
The image gallery for Rock and Roll It Up may be viewed here.
- This episode is also known as Happy Days It Up
- The events in the backstory that Edie Wilde tells are similar to the events Broadway musical and film Hairspray.
- There is major historical inaccuracy in that there are African American students (such as Trudy) attending the school in 1954. In times of racism and segragation, this would not happen.
- Kenton and Caroline change their well-known Gunther and Tinka accents to speak with a Southern American accent to match Gerald and Tilly.
- Ty and Deuce are the only characters not shown in their character. So technically Ty and Deuce never appear in the episode, but Roshon and Adam do.
- This also means that this is the second episode in a row where Deuce does not appear.
- Crusty's became the underground malt shop called Saucy's.
- 3.735 Million viewers tuned in.
- This is the first episode since Split It Up where all actors appear, and there are no official absences.
Reality Check It Up
|Season 2 episodes||Next:|
Boot It Up