|“||Okay he seems calm, he's doing some arts and crafts, although I'm still not convinced that giving him scissors was a good idea.||”|
CeCe and Rocky set up a fundraiser through "Shake It Up, Chicago!" to help save their former dance teacher, Ms. Nancy's (played by Marissa Jaret Winokur), dance studio. Meanwhile, Deuce and Ty enter a competition to win a new phone.
CeCe and Rocky meet up with Miss Nancy, a dance teacher who owned a dance school, Miss Nancy's Fancy Dance Academy, which they attended during their early childhood. After discovering that the academy was shutting down because of a loan, Rocky and CeCe host a bake sale in order to pay Miss Nancy's loan. The sale proves not to be as successful as anticipated. Meanwhile, after Deuce repeatedly bangs Ty's cell phone on a table, they enter a competition to win a new phone. Ty and Deuce win in the end but since family members of Shake It Up, Chicago employees can't compete, Deuce ends up with the new phone. Rocky and CeCe auction an afternoon with them on Shake It Up, Chicago again in order to pay Miss Nancy's loan. Gunther and Tinka bid on Rocky and CeCe and win an afternoon with them. Instead of actually spending the afternoon with them, the Hessenheffers have Rocky and CeCe babysit their cousin, Klaus. He seemed friendly at first, but then began causing problems and wrecking the house.
Featured Songs & Dances
- Moves Like Magic: dancer number by Adam Trent,Rocky, Cece, Gunther, Tinka, and all the Shake It Up, Chicago dancers
- Turn It On (Instrumental): dance number by Rocky,Cece, Gunther, Tinka, and all the Shake It Up, Chicago dancers
- Zendaya as Rocky Blue
- Bella Thorne as CeCe Jones
- Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
- Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue
- Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
- Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer
The image gallery for Auction It Up may be viewed here.
Deuce: Would you relax? Everyone knows the new Yo Phones are practically indestructable [Bangs it on the table] Okay now it's broken.
Gunther: We're back! Beyonce was great!
Tinka: But your seats were so far away, she looked like a dust bunny in a big wig.
Rocky: Okay he seems calm, he's doing some arts and crafts, although I'm still not convinced that giving him scissors was a good idea.
CeCe: Oh I didn't give him the scissors, his tongue shot out of his mouth and grabbed them off the kitchen counter!
Nancy: You girls were the best itsy bitsy spiders I ever had, especially you Cece, you were the itsiest bitsiest CeCe: I still am.
- Gary didn't seem to know that Ty is related to Rocky even though in Give It Up he announced that Ty is Rocky's brother, either he doesn't remember, or he didn't really care to remember.
- Ms. Nancy says, "I'll even throw in a free bottle of hairspray" with a nod at the end, alluding to the Broadway musical Hairspray. Marissa Jaret Winokur starred and originated the role of Tracy Turnblad when Hairspray opened in New York in 2002
- CeCe's line, "Look, I'm the princess chick from that movie all those old people like" is a reference to Princess Leia from Star Wars.
- Jersey Hills is a parody of Jersey Shore and The Hills combined
- Rocky mentions a character named Petey Goaldfeather, someone that appears as a recurring character in K.C. Undercover, Zendaya's 2016 show.
Double Pegasus It Up
|Season 2 episodes|| Next:|
Camp It Up